Indonesian Sumatra Mandheling coffee, for instance, has a smooth thick bold body with hints of chocolate and brown sugar. It is well-known for its authentic earthy and full-bodied flavor that is both satisfying and complex.
As rich in history as it is in flavor, these coffee beans are legendary in the world of Sumatran coffee. Once lost to the jungles of Sumatra, this coffee was rediscovered after a dramatic history of hardship. It took almost 100 years for this varietal to be unearthed, hidden amongst the lush jungle undergrowth in the heart of Sumatra. Since then, these Sumatra Mandheling Beans have been replanted in the Mandheling Province of West Sumatra. Indeed, the direct trade farmers in this region are now some of the highly recognized gourmet coffee producers in the world!
Choose Coffees in This Collection that Feature:
- Rich textures and natural brown sugar notes
- Giling Basah region Indonesia coffee beans
- Decadent earthy tones and a smooth finish
- Green coffee hand-harvested by local farmers
- Single-origin beans from small coffee farms
- Authentic Indonesian coffee
- Some of the finest bold-bodied smooth coffees around
- Freshly roasted coffee is prepared and ground before being shipped on the same day to you