Delicious Cold Brew Coffee & Pumpkin Butter Cake Recipes: Yum!
The leaves have fallen, the Halloween decorations are put away, and that holiday feeling is in the air. It's time for warm houses, family fun, and delicious recipes! You'll be putting up the Christmas tree before you know it. But first, let's focus on Thanksgiving.
Since the holidays are literally right around the corner, we thought that some tasty treat recipes were in order. After all, what's better with coffee than a sweet treat after a big Thanksgiving meal? We've got two great recipes to make your mouth water!
The Best Butter Cake and Cold Brew Coffee Recipe for Fall:
To help spice up your next family gathering, Thanksgiving holiday party, or other festive fall occasion, we've found these two delicious autumn-themed recipe ideas: one is a delicious cold brew recipe and the other is a rich butter cake.
This festive fall cold brew and an ooey-gooey, pumpkin butter cake recipe make the perfect fall dessert combo! These recipes both have top-notch ratings from across America. Serve one or both of them at your next festive seasonal get-together. Or, have them ready for dessert after Thanksgiving dinner!
1. Ooey-Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake
If you've ever had gooey butter cake, you know how delicious it can be. Sweet, warm, and incredibly chewy, it's like heaven by the slice. No question, this cake is an incredibly tasty option to serve to friends and family! Adding the pumpkin makes it a festive choice with a touch of warm coloration. Who can resist that?
Here are the ingredients and the recipe for a delicious, creamy, gooey pumpkin butter cake that everyone will remember well after the holidays end!
- 1 (18 1/4 oz) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 oz) box powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 sticks melted butter (divided into two equal bowls)
- 1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the cake, combine 1 stick of melted butter, one egg, and the cake mix. Mix everything together well. Pat the mixture into a lightly greased baking pan measuring 13 by 9 inches. A round pan will work too. Coconut oil cooking spray is also recommended for this sticky cake.
- Now, you will prepare the pumpkin butter filling. In a large bowl, beat together the pumpkin puree and the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add three eggs, vanilla, and 1 stick of melted butter. Combine until smooth.
- Next, add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and Nutmeg to the filling. Mix it all together well. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, carefully spread the pumpkin filling mixture over the cake batter that is in the greased pan.
- Bake everything for 40 to 50 minutes until the top begins to turn golden in color. You can insert a wooden chopstick or toothpick in the middle when the top rises. It will not come out clean, as the cake is supposed to be gooey. If the cake has risen and the top of it is beginning to turn golden after about 40 minutes, simply keep an eye on everything. Bake no longer than 55 minutes.
- Remove the cake and let it cool for at least 1 hour before trying to take it out of the pan. Then, you can dust it with powdered sugar using stencils if desired, like in the picture.
- Serve with whipped cream and (of course) fresh coffee!
2. Easy Caramel & Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew with Sweet Cream Cold Foam
Cold brew coffee is a great way to stay energized during an array of fall festivities. After all, you want to have plenty of exuberance when entertaining friends, family members, or co-workers.
Perfect for sipping anytime, this scrumptious and creamy caramel pumpkin spice cold brew coffee (with creamy sweet cold foam) drink is the ideal option for office parties, at-home gatherings, or just indulging while you watch football.
Inspired by a medley of mouthwatering autumnal flavors, it can easily be served cold. Or, you can use these flavor pairings to inspire your at-home latte creativity and make this beverage in a steaming hot interpretation. Just sub the cold brew for espresso, add milk, and keep the sweet cream foam! It's all up to you; go ahead, unleash your inner barista!
About this Caramel & Pumpkin Sweet Cream Cold Foam Drink
Plenty of places are serving tasty fall drinks this time of year. Maybe you’ve taken note of the sweet cream cold foam pumpkin spiced nitro brews at Starbucks? Dunkin Doughnuts also has festive autumn-inspired iced coffees. Even Disneyland serves a festive “Witches Brew” cold brew drink to get you in a spooky (and caffeinated) holiday mood.
These mouth-watering libations are wonderful for the Fall season. However, making them at home and serving them to your guests takes things to a whole new level (and can save you money)! Not to mention, using your own cold brew coffee is always a tastier way to go.
This cold brew coffee drink has a base of refreshing low-acid cold brew coffee and is topped with sweet cream pumpkin spiced cold foam. It also has caramel drizzle inside for the perfect hint of sweetness. It's surprisingly easy to make this autumn coffee drink at home using pre-made cold brew concentrate.
Ingredients and Tips:
Here are the tools and ingredients you will need to make this delicious coffee drink at home in a one-gallon quantity. That is enough to serve about 8 people. To make more, simply brew two gallons of cold brew coffee and double the ingredients for the cold foam.
Cold Brew Coffee:
- 4-8 cups of Flavored coffee - See some yummy options here!
- 1 gallon of Filtered Water - Don’t use tap water if it has a detectable taste
Sweet Cream Pumpkin Spice Cold Foam:
- ½ cup of Maple syrup
- 1 quart of Heavy whipping cream
- 10 drops of Orange food coloring
- 1/ tablespoon of Pumpkin pie spice
- Caramel drizzle - 1 or 2 bottles depending on how many people you need to serve.
- Large 1-gallon container with a lid - to steep your cold brew coffee overnight
- Strainer - to strain your cold brew coffee
- Frother, stand mixer, or whisk - to whip your cold foam sweet cream. For a large gathering, a stand mixer is best.
- 8 Glasses - to serve
- Ice cube tray - optional
How to Make the Cold Brew Coffee
You can buy some really delicious French Vanilla Arabica coffee right here as the ideal cold brew base. Or, you can look at the other fall-flavored coffees we sell. Many of them make wonderfully subtle and nuanced cold-brew coffee! Cold brew coffee involves steeping coffee grounds in water for 24 hours in the fridge. Then, you strain out the coffee grounds. The process is really straightforward. If you don’t know how to make cold-brew coffee, simply follow our cold-brew coffee recipe guide by clicking here. This guide also shows you how to make sweet cream cold foam!
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cold Foam Sweet Cream Topping
For the pumpkin sweet cream cold foam, you just need some pumpkin pie spice, heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, and orange food coloring. You will combine the ingredients and use a whisk, mixer, or coffee frother tool to whip everything into smooth foam that can be poured on top of the cold brew coffee after you pour out each glass.
Consider Adding Coffee Ice Cubes
To keep this drink nice and cold for guests, it’s best to make chilled coffee ice cubes. Just brew hot coffee and transfer it to the freezer in an ice cube tray. Coffee ice cubes aren’t strictly necessary, but they do add a nice touch that won’t dilute the coffee taste.
To serve this drink, we recommend mason jars or clear glasses. That way, you can see that tantalizing cold foam layer as well as the melty caramel drizzle that lines each glass. Pour your vanilla cold brew into each glass, and then top with the sweet maple pumpkin cold foam. Adding a final layer of caramel drizzle on top finishes it off. It’s that simple! Now, here’s the full recipe step-by-step.
Step 1. Make Your Cold Brew Coffee
First, you're going to need to make a large picture of cold brew coffee. It is recommended to do this the day before you intend to serve your beverage, as cold brew should steep for about 24 hours.
Step 2: Line Your Glasses with Caramel Drizzle
Using a caramel drizzle like this one, simply turn a clean glass in a circle while squeezing the nozzle or the caramel sauce bottle along the inside rim of the glass. This will create a delicate caramel drizzle that begins to melt slowly when you fill the glass with liquid.
Step 3: Whip the Cold Cream Foam
In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy whipping cream, the pumpkin pie spice, the orange food coloring, and the maple syrup. Whip or froth vigorously, depending on what tools you are using. A stand mixer makes this task easy! The goal is to create a thick, frothy foam that can be spooned over the top of each caramel-lined glass of cold brew coffee.
Step 4: Make Each Drink
In each caramel-lined glass, add the coffee ice cubes (if you made them), then, just pour your cold brew coffee until it is 3/4 of the way up toward the top of each glass. From there, top it all off with your sweet cream pumpkin spice cold foam. For an extra fancy touch, drizzle the top of each foamy beverage with caramel sauce. Or, add sprinkles! The sky's the limit. Let your creativity run wild as you impress your friends and family with your barista skills!