Best Cakes with Coffee Recipes & More
Best Cakes with Coffee Recipes & More
Top-Rated Cake Recipes Coffee Fans Will Love!
Nothing quite compares to sweet, delicious, crumbly coffee cake. Coffee cakes come in all shapes and sizes. With fillings like apple, cinnamon, raspberry, or even plum streusel, there are coffee cakes for essentially every occasion! But which ones are best? In this best cakes with coffee recipe guide, we will cover it all!
Coffee Meets Cake: A Match Made in Heaven!
Most coffee cakes are simply dense cakes that go well with coffee on the side. Usually, these cakes are extra sweet, moist, and thick to balance the flavor of freshly brewed black coffee. However, there are also a range of cakes that actually integrate coffee as an ingredient. Fresh coffee can be used in puddings, ice cream cakes, brownies, and more!
What is the Most Popular Recipe for Coffee Cake Recipe?
While we can't say which coffee cake recipes are truly everyone's favorite, we do have one that's pretty great! This cake is tender, sweet, buttery, and topped with the deliciously crunchy crumble of cinnamon and sugar. You'll even find a delightful cinnamon-sugar ribbon running through the middle! Yum. Pour yourself a fresh cup of your favorite fresh-roasted coffee and delight your taste bud's morning, noon, or night; this coffee cake recipe has 5-star ratings across the board!
PREPARATION TIME: 25 mins
COOKING TIME: 55 mins
TOTAL TIME: 80 mins
SERVES: 15-18 slices
(In an 8 x 8 pan, this cake takes about 50 minutes to bake.)
The streusel topping:
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (180g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
The inside cinnamon ribbon:
- 1/4 cup (50g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Your cake batter:
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (230g) sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups (450g) sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 or 9 x 13-inch pan with nonstick spray or coat it in olive oil. First, you will make the swirl and the crumbly streusel topping. In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and salt. Mix them together. Add softened butter to the mix until it is crumbly. Set aside. In another bowl, combine sugar, flour, and cinnamon to make your inside swirl. Set it aside.
- Now, it is time to make the cake batter. In your mixer, add flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and kosher salt. Using the paddle attachment, stir on low to combine the dry ingredients. Now, add softened butter to the mix and beat on medium-low for about 3 minutes. When the mixture resembles moist sand, it is time to add the sour cream, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Mix everything together until combined and smooth. A few tiny lumps are fine.
- Spread half of the cake batter mixture into your prepared baking pan. Now, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar and flour on the wet batter for your cinnamon center stripe. Add the rest of the batter and top it all with the cinnamon streusel crumble you prepared. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Cover with plastic wrap to keep moist and freeze if needed.
What are Some “Coffee in Cake Recipe” Alternatives?
The above recipe is definitely delicious! However, there are plenty of options out there when it comes to coffee cakes. Why limit yourself? For example, some cakes are literally made with coffee as a recipe ingredient.
Freshly brewed coffee does wonderful things to make cake batter! When you add coffee to your cake batter, it becomes moister, denser, and richer. Coffee goes extremely in place of water chocolate cake batter for a decadent mocha latte flavor.
Additionally, you can make coffee brownies easily! All you need to do is brew a pot of coffee and then follow the instructions on your favorite boxed brownie mix. Where it says to add water, simply add coffee instead!
This delicious recipe from thepioneerwoman.com literally allows you to craft a fresh and delicious chocolate cake with instant coffee crystals. The taste of this cake is perfect for coffee lovers!
Alternatively, if you want to try a sponge cake that literally melts in your mouth, just follow this link. This creamy coffee sponge cake has uniquely rich frosting and is perfect for afternoon tea or dinner parties.
Or, you could simply follow this link to TasteofHome.Com. There, you can check out over 43 amazing coffee cake recipes. These recipes integrate everything from apricots to walnuts. For the perfect pairing, check out our various flavored coffees! More on that next.
The Best Cake Recipe Coffee to Use
Some coffee cake recipes call for coffee as an actual ingredient. Alternatively, if you have just made an amazing coffee cake, you are going to need a tasty brew to compliment it perfectly! So what is the best “cake recipe coffee” to use? We recommend our gourmet fresh roasted flavored coffees. These coffees are amazing to drink. However, you can also brew them extra-strong and use them as ingredients in a range of coffee cakes!
Best of all, we offer hundreds of coffee flavors. All of our flavored coffees are fresh roasted and made with premium Arabica beans. They can be used to add the finishing touch to brunch, dessert, and more.
For example, if you make this mouthwatering blueberry coffee cake, you could then pair it with our blueberry cream or almond coffees! Either of these flavored coffees can create a delightful pairing that will impress anyone. It all comes down to attention to detail!
Coffee Recipe Cake Tips
No matter what your favorite coffee cake recipe is, getting it just right probably took some practice. If you already are a pro at making coffee cakes, you know how important it is that your recipes come out moist, perfectly dense, and slightly light, without falling apart. Here are some tips that can help you make a supremely moist cake that everyone will remember and ask for again and again!
- Use Buttermilk Instead of Milk - Buttermilk is thicker, richer, and creamier than standard milk. It also contains more oil which will help make your cake thick and dense.
- Add Vegetable Oil - Adding vegetable oil lets you stick in your cake mix. You can also use olive oil if you are trying to go for a healthier alternative.
- Use Instant Pudding Mix - So many cakes can be made with instant pudding mix! To learn more about using pudding mix in your cake, click here.
- Pick the Right Recipe - Not all recipes are created equally. If you want a dense cake, look for coffee cakes or streusels.
- Don't Over Bake Your Cake - Over baking your cake is a rookie mistake that even the most experienced bakers can make. (Do you like that rhyme?) To avoid over baking a coffee cake, insert a toothpick in the center after 40 minutes. If the toothpick comes out clean or has crumbs on it, your cake is done baking. Remember, the radiant heat of your cake can cause it to continue biking, even after you remove it from the oven.
- Bake in Sheet Pans - Sheet pans are awesome because they allow you to add frosting layers effortlessly. However, they also allow you to apply shorter baking times. This can help you get cakes baked faster and stay focused.
- Add a Simple Syrup or Glaze - If all else fails, glazes and simple syrups can be used to moisten any cake. Even if you have slightly overbaked your cake, a good glaze can moisten it right back up!
Cake With Coffee Recipe: Final Thoughts
So there you have it! These are some of our favorite options for cake with coffee recipes. If you are looking for the perfect coffee to pair with your next homemade cake, check out our premium gourmet coffees from around the globe. Travel the world one sip at a time with OneGreatCoffee!
Leave a comment